Education & Welfare Fund
LYDBURY NORTH EDUCATION AND WELFARE FUND
Lydbury North Education and Welfare Fund was established in 1906 as a charity known as the Poor's Estate and Poor's Estate Educational Foundation.
The ethos of the charity continues to be as set out in the Charity Commission Scheme of 1906:
"...in relieving generally or individually persons who are either resident in the area of the ancient parish of Lydbury North or who have until recently resided in that area for a substantial period of years and who are in conditions of hardship or distress by making grants of money or providing or paying for items, services or facilities calculated to reduce the need, hardship or distress of such persons." In this way the charity has supported many local people over the intervening years.
In addition the charity may make donations or subscriptions to institutions or organisations that contribute to relieving hardship or distress. In this way the charity has provided funds for the Church Youth Club and the Primary School enabling the latter to continue to deliver peripatetic music lessons no longer funded by Shropshire Council and to deliver support for emotional well-being.
In exceptional cases the Trustees of the charity may offer support to persons resident immediately outside the parish who it is felt should be treated as resident or who may be temporarily resident.
If you wish to apply for assistance please write to:
Lydbury North Education and Welfare Fund